The New Year brings lots of plans and resolutions. Here are a few ways that your congregation can resolve to connect with Seabury in 2013:
- Take your Choir “on the road” to one of our senior living communities – residents appreciate the music and opportunity to sing-a-long.
- Share a story – Residents enjoy reading with you, being part of your book club, and hearing presentations about your travels and experiences.
- Sunday School groups are welcome to put on a play, organize a crafts day, teach a class or do a service project.
- Nominate an older adult for recognition at the May Senior Celebration which recognizes the many contributions that older adults make to their congregations and communities. Nominees are honored at a service and reception at the Washington National Cathedral.
- Invite Seabury to be a guest at a coffee hour or adult forum at your congregation. We’d love to share how we can be helpful to members of your congregation. Staff can speak about caregiving, planning for the future, types of retirement communities, and planning to age in place, to name a few.
- Purchase tickets to Seabury’s Leadership in Aging celebration in June – a live and silent auction and awards presentation – which supports all of Seabury’s programs and services.
- Organize an Age-In-Place® drive and collect cleaning and yard work tools and supplies to support this program which utilizes volunteers to complete house cleaning and yard clean-up projects for frail, older adults. We can provide a wish list of items.
- Volunteer for a day of service through Age-In-Place® or at one of the other Seabury communities.
- Hold one of your vestry or committee meetings at a Seabury community and see for yourself what we are all about.
Want to find out more about Seabury’s programs and services? Seabury hosts small, personalized “get to know us” opportunities. Contact Monise Quidley, Director of Development at MQuidley@seaburyresources.org or (202) 414-6313 for more information or to attend an upcoming event.
Seabury is there to support the caregivers and older adults in your congregation. Together we can work towards ensuring that all older adults have the opportunity to age with independence and dignity.
Kate Lewis is the Director of Marketing and Communications for Seabury. She can be reached at (202) 414-6312 or via email at KLewis@seaburyresources.org. For more information about Seabury Resources for Aging, visit our website www.seaburyresources.org.